« Home | Day 3 - On the road to Donostia » | Day 2 (part 3) - really, still La Rochelle » | Day 2 (part 3) La Rochelle at last! (one for the f... » | Day 2 (Part 2) » | Been There Done That - Day 2 » | Been there Done That - Day 1 » | OPEN QUESTION » | Inventos geniales » | Illustration Friday - Canned » | Enough! » 

Friday, June 04, 2010 

Day 3 - sleepy thoughts from the car


So I left you a long time ago on "Day 3" on the road... well, as in ON a surface, which happened to be a ROAD but not implying any movement ON/AT/ACROSS/THROUGH or anywhere else that surface... and there you were thinking that we were cruising through winding glorious national roads that snake between sea and mountain...

Yes; it was my idea to take the scenic detour, but I had not taken on account the fact that these were the roads that took the populace to the sea and that this populace would be formed of southern French and Spaniards driving like nutters and making sure that they left a lingering souvenir of crap traffic behind.

But again I am jumping ahead of myself; I left the last page somewhere near Bordeaux, when the heat was still semi-bearable and the landscape too. Such was the itch of the sun on my skin that I had to beg Phil to put the roof up - anathema for the convertible driver: what? a ray of sun and the roof still on?. I wrapped myself in a towel as I am pretty sure that even though factor fifty cream may keep cancer away from you - and any possi
ble suitors - it does not keep your skin from feeling the burning sensation; only a further piece of clothing (and a thick one at that) can accomplish this, and, alas, I had none.

The landscape of the Landes was so dull that, adding to the long straight dull road and the dull slap of the heat, I dull-y spent most of the trip nodding off and feeling as if someone had hit me with a shovel.

Such is the feeling of my eyes at the moment; not a shovel but a teaspoon, on each eye, going "pock" when hitting, and thus I should sleep, so I will tell you about the Basque bullfight, the mountain, the coast, the crap traffic, the worse traffic and the arrival to Donostia a bit later on as, at the moment, I am falling asleep!




p.s. the road through the Landes was so mindumbingly boring and the landscape so unbelievably dull that here's a photo of geese and their geeslings to entertain you and cheer you up till the next report .

XMAS3

About me

  • I'm Granpatranha
  • From
My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GranPatranha. Make your own badge here.

Previous Patranhas

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Found in