« Home | El Diario de Miss González XXVIII » | 8th June » | SLOW! » | Balloon Girl » | El Diario de Miss Gonzalez XXVII » | Incursión musical » | Doodle of the day / Monigote del día » | El Diario de Miss Gonzalez XXVI » | It's a boy... no... it's a girl... no... » | Back from Easter! » 

Friday, June 22, 2007 

Sofa Days


Sofa Days
Originally uploaded by GranPatranha
Given the very restricted nature of my real life (hah! call it "real"), Mr. Mannginger ends up being the subject / victim of all my paintings, so, hello, here's another portrait of the boy.

This time the portrait has been done in a technique new to me. Photoetching. Of all the etching techniques I have practised, this is perhaps the most puzzling one. Why puzzling? Two possible reasons:
a) I haven't completely mastered it at all, as I've only done a 3 day course, and thus, I am not aware yet of the potential it may have.
b) The detachment from the plate... One does not really work it and thus control it that much, and the final product ends up being... the same photograph!

Hullo... you'll say, silly moo, of course the result is the photograph you have been working with... may the name "photoetching" have something to do with it? Of course! But still, I think I expected more from this technique, appart from giving the photo a ragged handmade look which may be lovely, it is still not fulfilling enough, it does not seem to be my work, my etching, but just another interpretation of a more or less successful photo.

Certainly need to keep on working with this and certainly would love to see examples of successful photoetching, since, at the moment, I do not know what I can expect from this technique.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

XMAS3

About me

  • I'm Granpatranha
  • From
My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GranPatranha. Make your own badge here.

Previous Patranhas

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Found in