« Home | El Diario de Miss Gonzalez XXII » | Ooops.... » | First one of the year » | Xmas fruit » | El Diario de Miss Gonzalez XXI » | Las tres chinas » | Tube Music » | El Diario de Miss Gonzalez XX » | Foto del día » | ... aaaand another wedding... » 

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 

Arcade Fire

It has been a long time since I have devoted any time to listening to new music. My incapacity to feel excited by the all prevading copycat teen bands in the limelight, has reached heights of contempt only suitable for a grumpy old woman and made me wonder whether I'm too old to rock&roll, but too young to die? (says Jethro Tull).

But hey, not all hope is lost, asI have made it part of my new year's resolutions to actually find some worthy music, even if this means liking the spotless teens on a GreenDay wannabe suit (what the hell do they put in their faces to get rid of the gruesome volcanos of grease?).

Neeeeeeeevertheless... I am not going to punish anyone with a spotty / unspotty band now (not even with my shameful and newly discovered like for that "Gasolina" song - my friends are not going to be proud of this). I am going to punish you with something well worth it; not a group of pimplyteens but a wonderful feast of weirdness and good music. There, get the Arcade Fire's finest courtesy of the never ending tube of videos... and enjoy.

Labels:

Arcade fire rules. I tried to get tickets for the Dublin gig... 5 minutes and they were gone. WTF! And I thought I was the only weirdo (you wish boy)

Seemingly they are absolutely fantastic live. Ah well, we will have to just imagine them...

Post a Comment
XMAS3

About me

  • I'm Granpatranha
  • From
My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GranPatranha. Make your own badge here.

Previous Patranhas

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Found in