« Home | Lo que se come en esta vida » | Art in the Street » | El Diario de Miss Gonzalez IX » | Camino a casa » | Noite de San Xoan » | El Diario de Miss Gonzalez VIII » | Thank God for deodorant » | El Diario de Miss Gonzalez VII » | Summer Ant-ics » | El Diario de Miss Gonzalez VI » 

Thursday, July 06, 2006 

Wedding Jungle I

The hard boiled Explorer reports after The Incident. Now hiding safely at a great distance from all the celebrations and the beastly invitees, and still suffering from that tipsy feeling of party and joy, she dwells in the romantic breeze that the couple exuded and finds the strength to report what happened in that auspicious day.


Aaaaaaw one has to love weddings when they work and when they are unpretentious but beautiful. Some of you may remember my earlier post about the Fascinating Fascinators... well, here I am again bringing back not just a real specimen of the purest breed but three: the species better known as Pretty in Pink, Pretty in Blue, and Pretty in Green. I was wondering whether the Ascott breed had already been implanted in the southern coasts of Europe, and was keeping my hopes to find just a couple of specimens of the Peineta in all their style for my album. Alas, I was surprised to find three of the fascinating creatures down South, and here I bring them for your general edification.
Much as the Explorer fears the day when she may be forced to revel in the womanly rite of passage that wearing a fascinator is, the only scary bit about these ladies was the fact that Pretty in Pink decided to drive and - as per the image can tell - I bet the road looked like a right pink mesh to her. Nevertheless, the Explorer, the Priest and the Motley Crew that dared to ride in the car arrived safely to the wedding. Pretty in Pink, against all odds, made it without an incident and, what is more important, without losing any of the bits and pieces of her fascinator. Olé! from this side of the Atlantic coast.

The style of these creatures, of these brave gazelles of the lofty hairdo, has to be praised and, the end of the day, if you have a fascinator big enough, it may shelter you from the boiling sun of the Andalusian interior... But they were not the only fascinating creatures around me... there is more to come, but I need a rest and will spill the beans further more in my next report. As an aside, the Explorer has to akwnowledge that the only unfashionable creature cavorting among the herds of fascinating invitees in a thoroughly unflattering limp, was herself. Alas, I had been wounded by my own concupiscence and my pretty shoes had made a right mess of me. Praise the muses for their inspiration when I put that packet of plasters in my handbag... the invitees wondered whether there would be any area of feet left unplastered, and they were not wrong, as one should better be safe than sorry when your shoes hurt. One can only learn from one's mistakes, but at least I did not take a picture of myself for your general enjoyment as I still have some bit of decency left (sigh).

XMAS3

About me

  • I'm Granpatranha
  • From
My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GranPatranha. Make your own badge here.

Previous Patranhas

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Found in